White Glove Moving & Storage (“White Glove Moving”) services the NJ/NYC area and they’re able to relocate their customers, residential and commercial, to anywhere within the United States. You’ll see from their website that they’re a full service, family-owned/family-operated business that has been around for more than 25 years. The moving business is always changing and White Glove Moving has continued to monitor these changes while adjusting and modifying the company whenever and wherever necessary. Over the years, White Gloving Moving has transformed into a company that offers top-quality services at affordable prices. Continue reading to find out important information about this unique company.
About White Glove Moving
White Glove Moving states they’ve been in business for more than 25 years and the Better Business Bureau records show that they became fully incorporated in 1995 – 22 years ago. This means that prior to this time, they were operating as a general moving company and they hadn’t yet filed incorporation paperwork with their state to proclaim their complete and established formation as a business. They’ve been BBB accredited since 2003 sustaining an A+ rating.
White Glove Moving started their business with a small truck operating in Brooklyn, NY and they’ve grown into a large business containing a convoy of high-tech trucks and employing over 200 people. This company understands the importance of repeat business and referrals so their time and effort is centered on treating their customers with respect and fairness while handling their jobs with absolute proficiency.
List of Services
White Glove Moving is committed to customer satisfaction so they treat all their moves, whether local or long distance, with the attention needed to make sure every move is handled with the greatest of care. White Glove Moving advises that all interested customers should give them a call @ (800) 340-1911 to set up a free in-home consultation which will include all estimates.
Below is the list of services offered:
Full Packing Services:White Glove Moving offers many levels of packing services to accommodate your needs and budget by offering packages such as:
- Bronze: Packs all mattresses, wardrobe boxes and furniture.
- Silver: Packs all mattresses, wardrobe boxes, furniture, electronics, mirrors, lamps, glass furniture and pictures.
- Gold: Packs all mattresses, wardrobe boxes, furniture, electronics, mirrors, lamps, glass furniture, pictures, china and kitchen items.
- Platinum: Packs the entire contents in the home.
Do you prefer to pack all your items yourself? All packing materials, tape, assorted and specialty boxes, and anything else you require can be delivered right to your front door!
NOTE: Labor and materials are included in all of these service packages. However, you’ll have to call White Glove Moving to get the specific price of each package.
Loading and Unloading
Sometimes the only thing needed is help with the loading and unloading. White Glove Moving is happy to supply the manpower to get this job done.
White Glove Moving has ample safe and secure storage space. They have both long- and short-term options and if requested, they’ll deliver your stored items to any location you wish whenever you’re ready for them.
General information has been given above which will likely apply to all moves this company conducts. However, due to the specific details involved with long-distance moves, anyone interested in further information should contact White Glove Moving @ 800-340-1911.
Office moves can be more complex than residential moves. White Glove Moving is aware of this so they know how to assemble the logistics and conduct these moves as seamlessly and strategically as possible. They work methodically to get the new location set up and operating efficiently so business can continue with little interruption.
Pros and Cons
- White Glove Moving is fully licensed and insured.
- They’re experts at moving fine art, antiques and collectibles.
- They never contract their services out to any other companies. As such, customers are assured of having employees who are familiar with their needs from beginning to end.
- If nothing changes in the original estimate given, the potential customer is quoted a guaranteed fixed rate.
- They work with all branches of the military by arranging the payment and billing process with the specific branch involved.
While most reviews were excellent, a few Yelp.com reports gave significantly different viewpoints. For example:
- A customer complained that a substandard job was done and they had to pay someone else to complete the task. This customer felt that once the contract was signed, proper communication became null.
- Another customer complained of having movers who didn’t understand English. They didn’t follow the customer’s wishes and performed a second-rate moving job.
- On a long-distance move, another customer states the company hired people off the street to work as their movers. Furthermore, 25% of the items were damaged by these unprofessional movers. This customer also mentioned they were treated rudely and disrespectfully as well.
- Miscommunication on timelines resulting in a long-distance move that left a customer with no furniture for a couple of weeks.
NOTE: Read Your Contracts! Also, make sure you question the estimator sufficiently when he/she arrives for the free in-home consultation, and the company itself to be sure of receiving and understanding all the necessary information.
White Glove Moving & Storage has its main headquarters and terminal located at:
235 W. 1st St, Bayonne, NJ 07002
Phone: (800) 340-1911
Hours of Operation:
Mon – Fri: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Sat: 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
They accept credit cards but not Apple or Android Pay. Appointments are not needed.
When All Is Said and Done
In spite of the many good/excellent reviews, there are a number of complaints against White Glove Moving that warrant attention. They received an A+ rating from the BBB based on 2 reviews. When combining the BBB rating along with the other reviews on Yelp.com, among them the noteworthy negative reviews, this company’s legitimacy could be substantially diminished.
However, the good/excellent reviews specifically reflect a company that is caring, meticulous, and most importantly, well aware of how stressful and chaotic any type of move can become. Everyone wants a move that’s free of added anxiety and disappointment, and one that will be completed as close to the original plan as possible. Since White Glove Moving vows to focus their attention on making sure they do their part to relieve each customer from the anxieties that can accompany the moving process, it’s a very good reason to give them a call!
As always, we value all opinions shared with us. Therefore, we’d appreciate receiving comments from those who have used or plan to use White Glove Moving & Storage regarding their experience with this company.