Pure Moving Company is a relatively young moving company having begun in an incorporated moving business in December 2012. In the six years they’ve been in business, they’ve grown to a claim of moving 5000+ customers per year, including residential, commercial and long distance moves within California. When searching for the best moving companies, prospective customers will note that Pure Moving Company focuses on the necessary qualities needed to produce an experienced, reputable moving business:
- Professional, courteous services;
- A hassle-free moving event; and
- Fair pricing operating within a transparent billing process.
However, most moving companies will make these exact same claims so how do we weed out the wrong companies to find the right one?
About Pure Moving Company
The most important factor when checking moving companies is customers must be clear and precise about their own needs. Once this is established, they’ll be in a more suitable frame of mind when searching through the multitude of available options to find the best moving company.
Pure Moving Company is listed on the Better Business Bureau’s website as a BBB accredited business with an A+ rating. They are a fully licensed and insured moving company that services Los Angeles and the surrounding area primarily but they also handle long-distance moves within the state of California. Customers can begin the process by getting a free online quote on Pure Moving Company’s website, or call them directly first to check on their availability.
A positive aspect of Pure Moving Company is they do not use contractors or day laborers. They employ 22 employees that include professional movers and customer service agents. This is an indication of a concrete and focused moving service with all of their employees adhering to one policy with no strangers involved who can greatly alter the moving plan.
List of Services
- Pure Moving Company provides an onsite moving estimate that will be precise with no added or hidden costs.
- They handle residential, commercial and long distance moves within California.
- You can find a variety of packing/unpacking options that includes an unlimited supply of shrink wrap and tape in the final quote.
- Pure Moving Company’s customer service team will work with their customers from the beginning to the end of the move answering any questions and facilitating any changes.
- A skilled Foreman oversees every job standing ready to intervene in case of error and making sure every job is handled correctly.
- When they receive online quotes and someone uses their company, Pure Moving Company offers free furniture protection.
- Storage options are available.
- Once a final price is quoted, there will be no additional fees for stairs used, long distance walks to/from moving destinations, disassembling and reassembling furniture and other items.
It appears that Pure Moving Company favors cash transactions over credit card transactions as customers pay less when paying by cash. Examples of their rates are as follows:
Los Angeles area (local) moves:
- 2 movers = $85/hr cash rate and $95/hr credit card rate;
- 3 movers = $115/hr cash rate and $125/hr credit card rate; and
- 4 movers = $145/hr cash rate and $155/hr credit card rate.
The cost is $30/hr for each additional mover used.
Long Distance Moves
For SF Bay area moves:
- 2 movers = $99/hr cash rate and $109/hr credit card rate;
- 3 movers = $139/hr cash and $149/hr credit card rate; and
- 4 movers = $179/hr cash rate and $189/hr credit card rate.
The cost is $40/hr for each additional mover you use and there’s a $40 flat rate charge for each truck you need.
For all moves, the prices quoted include the following: Free use of blankets, moving pads, and wardrobe boxes, free shrink wrap and tape, loading/unloading, disassembly/reassembly, packing/unpacking, dollies, tools and straps, and
taxes with basic insurance. For quotes on long-distance moves, Pure Moving Company advises all who are interested to call them directly.
Pros and Cons
- Pure Moving Company received an A+ rating from BBB.
- They do not use contractors or day laborers.
- They have special offers such as redeemable vouchers.
- The majority of the reviews on Yelp.com are 5-star ratings applauding Pure Moving Company’s accommodating, courteous and professional movers and other staff members.
- While the majority of the reviews obtained were positive, there were a couple of complaints, some rather severe regarding damaged or lots items and property. Some went as far as to request monetary compensation for their losses.
NOTE: Customers should make it a rule to read over all contractual paperwork and agreements as they can miss a lot in the small print. Also, feel free to ask as many questions as necessary to help gain a correct understanding of the company’s policy and rules.
Useful Information about Pure Moving Company
Pure Moving Company is located at the following address:
- 1601 N Gower St, #205
- Los Angeles, CA 90028-7598
- Main Office Tel: (888) 606-2215
- Alternate Tel #s: (800) 816-5121, (888) 610-4531
- Website: puremovers.com
Hours of Operation:
Mon – Fri, 8:00am – 6:00pm. Sat-Sun: 8:00am – 5:00pm.
They operate by appointment only and they accept cash and credit cards. They do not accept Apple or Android pay or Bitcoin (a new digital currency created in 2009).
When a company has been in business for less than 10 years, it’s highly advisable you examine them carefully. As advised by the BBB, it’s important to make sure the owners properly bonded and registered the company. Moreover, check if they confirmed all professional license requirements.
Pure Moving Company appears to be off to a great start. They are assuring customers that they have the proper licenses and insurances right from the beginning. Also, the majority of the reviews listed on Yelp.com are 4-5 star ratings. Needless to say, this says a lot about a business. However, you can’t ignore the few complaints filed since they specifically detail a completely botched and unsatisfactory job.
Pure Moving Company definitely deserves consideration but give due diligence when researching and questioning them to help make an informed decision.