Men on the Move is a Long Island moving and storage company with an established local reputation and affordable rates.
This review will describe how Men on the Move stands out from similar companies by giving a brief review of the company’s history, listing their services, and going into the pros and cons of moving with them. Before moving, you should also check out our moving guide, especially since this is your first relocation.
About Men on the Move
Men on the Move has been moving families up and down the east coast since 1985. Their headquarters is in Floral Park, NY. The company uses all the modern technology of the moving industry. Since 1985, it has opened several locations across New York state.
As a company, Men on the Move places a great deal of importance on storage. Unlike some moving companies, Men on the Move believes that storage is also of high importance. As a result, the company features a large self-storage warehouse in Farmingdale, NY. Self-storage facilities can become invaluable before, during and after a move. Any family going through a downsize will know the vital role that self-storage can play in managing the extra furniture.
More than 30 years of success in the moving industry indicate that Men on the Move must be doing something right.
Men on the Move List of Services
The services they provide are below, by function during the moving process. These are the categories:
- Moving Services: Men on the Move is equipped with nine fleets of trucks to service customers on the east coast. The company has the muscle to move all furniture, appliances, and boxes. It also covers other common household items. Their moving service is all inclusive. Therefore, it eliminates the need for truck rentals and other self-moving services. Those families moving to or from Florida also have access to a special promotion known as the Florida Express. These customers can coordinate a quick move based on the company’s scheduled trips down the east coast.
- Self-Storage and Facilities: Storage facilities may not always associate with the moving process. But Men on the Move makes sure to provide accommodations to families with surplus furniture. These storage rooms are available in several packages of varying price and size. Also, some have additional climate control features. Many people who move frequently will enjoy having a safe place to store their belongings.
- Moving Supplies: As homes have filled with an increasing number of fragile electronics, many people are unaware of the risks involved in improperly packing expensive televisions and computers. In addition to providing heavy duty boxes, Men on the Move offers an array of custom moving supplies. With Men on the Move, you can protect your televisions with custom pads and pack your dishes into china boxes. During your quote, you can have the company determine the exact supplies you will need. After the quote, you can pick up your supplies and start packing.
- Packing and Crating: Men on the Move offers more to their customers than the average packing and crating features. For example, appliances can be shrink wrapped or wrapped in blankets. Boxes of fragile items can be packed into the truck with specific direction from the customer. Many other companies ask their customers to keep a distance from the truck on moving day. But Men on the Move is open to customer direction.
PROs and CONs of Men on the Move
- Very affordable: Based off many customer reviews, most people have considered the company’s prices to be exceptional for the value. This is a smaller moving company, and their overall fleet is smaller than average. They can get away with offering deals that larger companies couldn’t.
- A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau: Having a perfect rating from the Better Business Bureau speaks to the company’s legitimacy. In the moving industry, families must always be careful not to get involved with a company of scammers and criminals. Men on the Move has a stamp of approval that validates their trustworthiness.
- Small company, intimate moving experience: The benefits of a local moving company are that they will often go the extra mile for nearby residents. Smaller companies are often exempt from some of the business regulations imposed on larger corporations. So, they may be willing to accept personal requests such as loading the truck in a way that makes the customer more comfortable.
- Perfect for Florida to New York moves (or vice versa): The company’s Florida Express promotion is ideal for any family moving the length of the east coast. With an international company, such a move could be extremely costly. Men on the Move provides a lower cost alternative.
- Few locations: Even for a small company, Men on the Move could use a few more locations in their home state.
- Limited range: Men on the Move offers few options for those looking to move away from the east coast. They could benefit by servicing a huge market of movers that live west of New York.
- Underdeveloped website: Men on the Move’s website provides the company’s history and services. But additional research is necessary to learn about pricing and other essential information.
Men on the Move is a suitable moving and storage company for those who live in the Long Island area. Families moving to or from Florida should consider the Florida Express, as moves of that distance are traditionally expensive. As far as local moving companies are concerned, Men on the Move delivers on all fronts. They have a large enough crew to get the job done. Yet, they offer a more personalized experience than their larger competitors.
Have you used Men on the Move before? Did you have a pleasant experience? Let us know in the comments below.
The images are from depositphotos.com.