Meathead Movers is a moving company based in California that employs student athletes to help them pay for school. This company has been voted #1 moving company in California because of its excellence and very low breakage to moving ratio.
Every single employee is trained through a dynamic process to ensure that they are 100% qualified for any moving situation. This entails militarized type training in over 90 different hypothetical moving situations so that every employee is ready for even unusual moving situations. Also, Meathead Movers is affordable and guarantees fixed pricing for every single move to avoid overcharging.
About Meathead Movers
Meathead Movers was started in 1997 by two high school students, Aaron and Evan Steed as a way to help their neighbors and make extra money. The company took off since and expanded, going from taking tips in the form of pizza to becoming a large moving company based in California. Meathead Movers takes its odd name from Aaron and Evan’s past hobby of lifting weights whenever they had free time.
Meathead Movers continues to be a student-oriented community by taking up a management style that foments positive behaviors and excellence. Moreover, Meathead Movers pledges to maximize efficiency and awareness by focusing primarily on customer satisfaction. They are the only company that ensures this by paying a higher rate to their employees for every breakage free move.
Meathead Movers also strives to make all moves quickly by enforcing company policies that focus on keeping their employees moving at a constant rate. By doing so, Meathead Movers can guarantee that every employee is working in one way or another until the very completion of the move. Since Meathead Movers charge hourly, they want customers to be aware that they will only pay for time spent on the move and nothing else.
Meathead Movers List of Services
- Local Moving: This service provides a Meathead Movers Full Service. This is available for anyone moving within the following counties in California: Monterey, San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Orange, Riverside, San Diego, San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Merced, Madera, Mariposa, Tuolumne, Fresno, Kings, Tulare, and Kern. This service includes not only move coordinators but also full packing and unpacking services.
- Preparation: The Princess Packers service offers professionally trained and equipped employees. This service not only packs your items but also unpacks them upon delivery. This service is included for free with the Local Moving service.
- Long Distance Moving: This service offers long distance moving only to the west coast. It caters to Washington, Oregon, Idaho, California (counties not previously mentioned), Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Wyoming, Colorado, and New Mexico. This service allows you to arrange specific delivery and pickup dates and can conform to your schedule.
- On-Site Moving: Not only does their service load and unload their moving trucks but they also load and unload your storage containers, home, office, and garage.
- Concierge Moving: You can appoint a personal concierge to help your needs during the moving process. They can help you localize any local services for you to adjust to the new location. Concierges specialize in providing all of research-based needs to get acclimated. This is a complimentary service that does not receive commission or kickbacks for localizing services. You can contact the concierge by phone or email and will only affiliate with the customer’s preferred service when available. Concierges are available seven days a week and guarantee that they will find the best possible service in the area. Services that are commonly work with the concierges are Storage units, Real Estate Attorneys, House Cleaners, Handymen, Landscapers, Baby-sitters, Computer Network Installers, Security System Installers, E-Bay Consignment Dealers, Hauling Services/Debris Removal, Consignment/Thrift Stores, Truck Rental Facilities, and Utility Companies.
- Commercial Moving: Meathead Movers offer their services to businesses as well. Business owners can rest calmly that this service comes with insurance from the Workman’s Compensation and liability insurance.
- Storage: Meathead Movers offers storage in 3 locations across California. Their facilities are in San Luis Obispo, Oxnard, and Fresno. They offer full 24-hour surveillance and six sizes for their bins. Also, they offer the Tiny (a 5′ x 5′ bin), the Small (a 5′ x 10′ bin), the Medium (a 10′ x 10′ bin), the Large (a 10′ x 15′ bin), the Huge (a 10′ x 20′ container), and the Gigantic (a 10′ x 30′ bin). Rates and hours for storage vary by location.
Pros and Cons of Meathead Movers
- Employees receive professional training;
- Meathead Movers tries to ensure the least amount of breakage by creating incentives for their employees through payment;
- Variety of services, such as packing unpacking, and a personal concierge;
- Provides storage;
- Community oriented;
- Company policies specifically in place to speed up the process;
- Fixed prices;
- Caters to businesses as well;
- Hires students;
- Voted #1 moving company;
- 7 days/week support;
- Ensures that customer receives the same movers at both ends of the move;
- All employees have insurance.
- Only serves a select few counties in California as a Local Move;
- Only caters to a select few states on the west coast as a Long Distance Move;
- Prices are already there, but they are not public. To get an idea of a price for a move you still need to get a quote;
- They are not concise with their storage policies. Storage containers come with dimensions, but prices are not visible for containers you ask for;
- Beware of all dangers in the rental lease agreement.
On the Move
To conclude, Meathead Movers is an excellent moving and storage company for those who are moving within the designated counties in California. Since they only hire student athletes, it leaves a feel good sensation for contributing by safeguarding students’ employment options.
Be sure to check out Meathead Mover’s Facebook page, and leave a review as well.