Relocating can be stressful whether the job is big or small. People are always concerned about whether they’ll make it to their new locations with everything safely arriving and intact. With this in mind, the Marathon Moving Company, Inc. developed as a full service moving and storage company that handles moving jobs of all sizes, be it local, interstate or out of the country moves.
Following are more details for all who are searching for a moving company that will help with an upcoming relocation.
About Marathon Moving
To incorporate professional quality on interstate and out of country moves, Marathon Moving has become an agent of Allied Van Lines, another well trusted moving company specializing in large, complex jobs. Thus, full service takes on new meaning as Marathon Moving is capable of delivering unique services for all size moving jobs. But they also claim they offer packing services (to help pack all items with care), moving supplies, and free expert advice from one of their moving/packing specialists. This includes numerous protection plans to help cover any losses or damages sustained during the move. Below is a closer look at the services provided by Marathon Moving.
Most importantly, they claim to understand their customers’ concerns when it comes to relocating. Therefore, they give much attention to all the details that help them to complete an efficient and gratifying job.
Marathon Moving List of Services
Marathon Moving provides these services:
- Local, interstate and out of country moves;
- Protection plans for all types of moves (also includes information on how to file a claim);
- Storage facilities suitable for short- or long-term storage needs;
- Packing services;
- Moving consultants to help map out the entire move and develop a moving plan that will fit all customers’ needs and pricing;
- Helpful forms developed for customers to use to detail and keep track of their move and all items being moved (i.e., various checklists, inventory value lists with calculator, moving/packing tips, etc.).
The list of moving supplies offered is as follows:
- All size and types of boxes (priced from $2.25 – $15.00);
- All size mattress bags (any size $7.50);
- Packing paper (25 lb bundle for $25.00);
- Bubble wrap ($25.00);
- Packing tape ($2.75 each roll); and
- Markers ($1.00 each
- It should be noted that Marathon Moving offers free home delivery with a minimum order of $100.
Marathon Moving handles commercial moves as well. They realize that as far as businesses are concerned, time is an urgent factor when it comes to relocation. This is because the work must go on unimpeded despite the fact that the business is moving.
Therefore, to make the move as stress-free as possible, Marathon Moving’s expert movers are prepared to come in the day or night before the scheduled move to pack up all non-essentials. Then, they come in the next day to complete all other packing. They’ll even offer to unpack everything upon arrival at the location. This is because while packing, they were sure to properly label all boxes so they could quickly identify where they belong.
There’s not enough space to cover all their plans in detail; however, below are key explanations:
- Option A = Basic Liability: If the client chooses no other additional coverage, this option comes at no charge. Marathon Moving’s legal liability has a limit of $0.60 per pound per article;
- Option B = Transit Damage Protection: Marathon Moving covers a higher amount in damages ($3,000). If damage is over amount that you and the company agreed upon, liability has a maximum of $0.60 per pound per article;
- Option C = Actual Cash Value: Based on actual declared value determined by the shipper. Also, cost is decided depending upon the declared value of the shipment.
For further details, potential customers are advised to visit the website at Marathon Moving, where you will find all the information needed regarding all of their services.
The Pros and Cons of Marathon Moving
- Handles any size moving job;
- Has A+ BBB rating;
- Offers a comprehensive list of services (already noted in this article); and
- Customer reviews are astonishingly high regarding the office staff and movers, 97% citing competent, well-organized and courteous services provided from beginning to end of their moving process;
- On the Marathon Moving’s website, the Better Business Bureau’s site, there are testimonials that received the stamp of approval by Angie’s List. There was one negative review.
- The customer complained of an expensive rate, damaged furniture, 10 hr. job to move a 1-bedroom apt that left the customer with a claim against her because the mover fell during the moving process. Needless to say, this customer states she’ll never use Marathon Moving again.
- An interesting note is Marathon Moving was started in a two-car garage in Massachusetts by Paul and Gail Nelson in the spring of the year 2000.
- The Marathon Moving Company, Inc. has since grown and moved to the top of the list with a BBB rating of A+ and a composite score of 4.34 out of 5 stars.
- Marathon Moving currently employs 35 people, including more than 60 professionally trained movers.
The verdict is that Marathon Moving is one of the top moving companies in the U.S. that always strives to offer and deliver efficient and specialized service to all of their customers. From its opening days in the Spring of 2000, Marathon Moving has been customizing, modifying and generally priming their business according to the highest standards. As a result, they can now state that they do approximately 2000 moves a year and most of the moves are for returning and referred customers.
We highly advise potential new customers to browse through Marathon Moving’s website.
Image 2 is from pixabay.com.