Business owner, Greg King, started his own business in 1995 and called the company “The Antique Movers”. Operating in the Dallas area, his company specialized in moving antiques to and from antique shops in malls, and decorative pieces for interior designers. As the years passed and the skills of competently and safely moving these valuable objects were perfected, Mr. King decided to expand his moving expertise to include relocations with homes, apartments, and offices. In November 2005, the business name was changed to King Moving Company and is currently located in Plano, Texas serving Plano, the surrounding areas, as well as conducting statewide moves.
Facts Concerning King Moving Company
Mr. King gave birth to the idea of establishing his own business while working part-time with a major antique mall in northern Dallas. Antiques and decorative items are not only expensive but they also hold great meaning and intrinsic value for customers and owners. Mr. King realized the importance of this type of business along with the growing demand for a company that could handle the transport of these rare artifacts carefully and securely from one location to another. He proceeded to purchase a larger van following up with the purchase of a moving truck.
Today, this thriving company has three 32’ moving trailers and a 26’ box truck. Licensed by the State of Texas, King Moving Company is fully insured and is a member of the Southwest Movers Association. Reviews submitted on King’s Yelp.com display consistent 5-Star ratings. These reviews also indicate that former customers have used this company several times and would do so again, without hesitation, should it become necessary.
King Moving Company’s List of Services
The company’s website has little information on it and there is no specific service listing. From the facts that are given, their services include:
- Packing and unpacking of boxes and crates and they have been known to take care of connections and disconnections of certain appliances;
- Services include help with organizing before and after moving of all furniture and other items;
- On Angie’s List, there’s a service/price listing for a three-person moving crew plus a truck for four hours: $399;
- King Moving Company accepts jobs of all sizes;
- They specialize in the transport of precious antiques and other beloved items as carefully and proficiently as possible; and
- On their website is a detailed, comprehensive outline giving advice on how not to retain the services of disreputable, unlicensed movers. This information could prove to be an indispensable lesson for a lot of potential customers.
- Since King Moving Company’s professional expertise is based on moving antiques and delicate items, customers are assured of careful handling of their furniture and any other household and office items during a move.
- Customers report repeated use of King Moving Company’s services due to unwavering satisfaction with the jobs done previously.
- King Moving Company has received a BBB A+ rating based on 25 customer reviews, garnering an overall rating of 5 out of 5-Stars. There were no complaints listed on the Better Business Bureau’s website.
- Customers agree that the company’s rates are both reasonable and economical.
- The staff, customer service and the movers are reportedly the best that anyone could ask for during the stressful time of moving.
- Regarding the actual moves, customers also agree that workers are punctual, courteous, considerate and very helpful as they quickly and efficiently complete the job.
- Only a bare minimum of company information can be found on King Moving Company’s website.
- There was one negative complaint filed in which a customer claimed damage to personal property followed by a significant delay in resolving the issue. Since it was taking so long to receive resolution and compensation, the customer filed a claim with his personal insurance company to receive repair and compensation for his loss.
NOTE: As you can see, there are few complaints about King Moving Company. However, the King Moving Company’s website is short on information. It appears that interested customers will have to contact the company directly to get all pertinent information. Otherwise, most of this company’s service information will have to be gleaned from the other companies that have information about them on their company websites. Thus, potential customers should practice due diligence when consulting with King Moving Company and reviewing their lease/service agreements.
Useful Information about King Moving Company
King Moving Company’s contact information is as follows:
- 6632 Shadow Crest Dr.
- Plano, TX 75093
- Phone: (972) 672-1800
- Alternate Phone number: (214) 717-6148
Hours of Business
Mon – Sat: 8am – 6pm (NOTE: There was another website that stated the hours of operation were 7am – 8pm so those who are interested should confirm this information when they contact the company.)
Consultations are by appointment only and credit cards are accepted. Free estimates are given along with a 5% senior discount.
Wrapping Things Up
One thing in particular that stands out concerning King Moving Company is the fact that so many of their past customers are repeat customers that retained their services multiple times. Also, many of these same customers state that they would use the company again if needed and they would definitely recommend King Moving Company to other people. These conclusions alone are a sound, positive testimony to King Moving Company’s business reputation and that is it is one of dependability, respectability, carefulness, and precision. We urge all of you who hire the services of King Moving Company at a future time to kindly report to us your opinions and thoughts about this evidently reliable, hard-working company.