You are moving to a new home just across town, intrastate or across the country. A company like Joyce Van Lines can help make your upcoming change of address less worrisome and stressful. This is by ensuring that a professional team is handling your relocation efficiently and safe.
With its headquarters in Oxford, Connecticut, Joyce Van Lines was founded by William H. Joyce in 1982. The company also has offices in Greenwood, Indiana and Redlands, California. Joyce Van Lines has an authorization to operate throughout the United States and Canada. The award-winning domestic 48-state carrier additionally operates several regionally owned service centers while providing international moving services.
About Joyce Van Lines
Joyce Van Lines is the recipient of numerous awards, including the Cartus Commitment to Excellence Award – High Volume Domestic U.S. Moving Services and for moving the nation’s top executives of Fortune 500 Companies. The company is also a top mover and holds an A+ Rating from both the Better Business Bureau and Angie’s List. Joyce Van Lines is also a leader in helping members of the nation’s armed services relocate from one duty station to another.
The company aims to moving you in a way that is an inexpensive as possible. If you are moving less than a 100 miles from your current home, Joyce Van Lines uses a time-based moving formula to determine the cost of your relocation. The rate is based on the size of the crew necessary to efficiently complete the move and the time it takes to get from the movers’ facility to the first home and back at the end of the day.
If you are moving more than 100 miles from your current location, or from one state to another, Joyce Van Lines uses a weight-based standard. The moving truck is weighed empty and once again after your things have been loaded on to it. The difference between the two weights is your shipping weight. That is combined with the distance to be traveled to determine the cost of your move.
Joyce Van Lines List of Services
Joyce Van Lines provides a full range of moving services including:
- If your budget allows, company personnel will carefully pack your household items. This includes furniture, clothes, appliances, fitness equipment and lawn and garden equipment in preparation for your move. You can also choose to pack your own items.
- Crating for your artwork, oversized glass and marble tops and other valuables.
- Unpacking of your goods when you arrive at your new location.
- Joyce Van Lines also has storage facilities in California, Connecticut and Indiana where your household goods can be securely held until you are ready for them at your new location.
Joyce Van Lines can also arrange for the following services through one of its trusted third-party vendors:
- Appliance servicing;
- Computer hookups and installation;
- Getting rid of designated unwanted items;
- Professional organizing;
- House cleaning;
- Dismantling and set up of such items as pool tables, Grandfather clocks and fitness equipment.
After you’ve booked your move with Joyce Van Lines, you’ll be assigned a personal customer service support person. That staff member will be available to assist you at every step of your move. You’ll also receive after hours contact information and email addresses.
Joyce Van Lines Costs
The cost of an interstate move also includes padding, loading, transportation, inside delivery and the assembly of your household items.
A $100 deposit secures your moving date(s), with the balance due upon arrival at your new location. This takes the form of a certified check, cash, money order or major credit card. You can also choose to purchase varying levels of cargo protection as a means to guard against losses due to damage or breakage during your move for a nominal fee.
You can also get an estimate of how much your move will cost by:
- Having a Joyce Van Lines employee come to your home for an on-site inspection;
- Completing an online form or by scheduling a virtual survey through your Smartphone;
- Visiting the company’s website.
Pros and Cons of Joyce Van Lines
There are several positives to choosing Joyce Van Lines for your move. Among them are:
- Joyce Van Lines operates in the 48 contiguous states, Canada and even internationally. They can move you no matter where life is taking you.
- The company provides an unparallelled level of customer service. So each customer is has their own customer service representative.
- The company has demonstrated its commitment to excellence. Specialists repeatedly recognized them as a premier full-service moving and storage company.
There are also several cons to doing business with the company, including:
- Some customers have complained that their household items were damaged or broken during their relocation. They blamed carelessness on the part of company staff members for their losses.
- Others have noted that the claims process that Joyce Van Lines uses to reimburse for damaged or broken items is difficult to navigate.
- Some customers also reported problems with billing, including unexpected fees that were charged when their moves were completed.
Final Thoughts on Moving
Joyce Van Lines demonstrates its commitment to its customers at a very stressful time in everyone’s life — when you are moving from one location to another. By providing each customer with their own personal customer service representative, the company ensures that everyone is on the same page at every step of the relocation. The company is also offers competitive pricing and guaranteed arrival dates.
Did you use the services of Joyce Van Lines? Share your experience with us!