Is there a relocation in your future? If so, it’s best to begin planning now. When you work with the experienced professionals at Humboldt Storage and Moving, they’ll be by your side through the entire process, from the first step of providing a check list to unpacking and setting up in your new home.
If you need to coordinate your business’s relocation, they’ll bring their experience to bear. There’s a system to moving offices, even with multiple work stations, computers, and files. So, they’ll work with you to ensure that your employees will be able to hit the ground running.
About Humboldt Storage and Moving
They began over 100 years ago when the original founder rented his horse-drawn cart to local families to help them move. Back then, the company has seen and responded to the need for responsible, reliable, and ethical movers. This family business has grown from a local moving company into one of Massachusetts’ most well-respected movers, and because they put their name on the line with every move, customers can rest assured they’ll be getting the best service Humboldt has to offer.
Now, they work hand-in-hand with United Van Lines. So, they’ve entered the national market for residential, corporate, and global employee relocation needs. You’ll find a booklet of United Van Lines called Your Rights and Responsibilities on their site which will answer the most common questions customers have as well as some they may not have thought of.
A constant over the years has been their understanding of how stressful moving can be. They also have a commitment to reducing their customers’ stress so they can plan for and enjoy the anticipation of their new home. They’re so committed to this goal that they award employees who go above and beyond to relieve the stress of all parties involved in a move by awarding a monthly Stress Remover Award.
Humboldt Storage and Moving List of Services
Humboldt Moving and Storage provides a menu of services for you to choose from. Your requirements determine prices, like the number of rooms being moved, whether or not there are appliances, and who does the packing. So, following are some of the most popular services available:
- You’ll receive a free, no-obligation in-home visit with one of their Move Consultants. The staff member will view the items that that need to move and assess the access to your residence. During this walk-through, they’ll identify high-value items and add them them to the High Value Inventory Sheet so the crew will be aware. You’ll receive a personalized move recommendation and cost review for their services.
- As a customer of Humboldt Storage and Moving, you’ll be assigned a Personal Move Coordinator who will be your single point of contact through the entire process. This person will explain the requirements to book your move. The will also follow up prior to and on your moving day, and will contact you after the move to ensure your satisfaction.
- Humboldt considers packing services extremely important. They use only the most advanced padding and wrapping materials, crating, and even specialized boxes. They provide the same level of protection and care for your belongings as they do when they ship priceless works of art.
- Every box will have a label with your name, order #, room, and contents.
- Humboldt finds, hires, and trains the best movers in the area.
- For certain international moves, personal belongings are subject to bio-security control. But their International Moving Experts will help guide you through the process. They’ll also provide you with an applicable list of restricted and prohibited items.
- For clients that require temporary or long term storage, Humboldt has a 135,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art storage warehouse. This features professionally trained staff, state-of-the-art inventory management system, 24/7 security, and temperature and climate controlled storage. Because of their national relationship with United Van Lines, they can arrange storage outside of Massachusetts as well.
- Corporate and commercial clients appreciate Humboldt’s goal to reduce stress, minimize downtime, and allow for a smooth relocation. Whether you’re moving offices, retail products, labs, or people, they’ll handle the details. Consequently, your employees can focus on their jobs.
- Because of their strategic global partnerships, Humboldt can offer your employees who are being relocated domestically or abroad additional services. Some of them are access to language training, orientation tours and even assistance in location schools.
PROs and CONs of Humboldt Storage and Moving
- Humboldt Storage and Moving handles the details of your move. So, you can focus on the excitement of your new home.
- They’ll review your move and confirm dates, packing, and special handling or instructions.
- When they pack your belongings, each box will be clearly labelled on two sides.
- Fragile items will be clearly marked so they won’t be stacked.
- Because their packers label each box with the correct room at your destination, unpacking and setup with go smoothly.
- Humboldt offers full-value coverage up to a value you declare. The valuation option you select determines the basis upon which any claim will settle and it establishes a maximum liability.
- Payment is possible via cash, traveler’s check, money order or cashier’s check. AMEX, Discover, Visa or MasterCard can be used with prior approval.
- Personal checks are acceptable for payment on local moves only.
- Obviously, it will cost more to hire a professional mover.
- The use of quality packing materials, like double-walled boxes for heavier items like dishes and mirror boxes for framed photos and mirrors will cost more than using recycled boxes that you can find on your own.
Be sure to explore the full-value coverage option and ensure your valuation is accepted.
Humboldt Storage and Moving is driven by their desire and ability to relieve the stress of moving. So, they take real steps to ensure their customers feel that relief and confidence.
If you’re planning a move, don’t you want a partner who has the experience, training, and understanding to take care of your needs? If you’re a previous Humboldt customer, we’d welcome your comments.