Delancey Street Moving & Transport (Delancey Street Movers) has operated in the moving business in California for over 32 years. They are the largest independent moving company in the Bay area and they currently hold a BBB A+ rating, which they’ve maintained since 1988 with no complaints on file.
They average 5,100 moves per year. Also, they are handling clientele such as The Gap, Inc., the San Francisco Giants and the County of San Mateo. Delancey Street Movers is a full service moving company that also handles corporate, commercial and residential moves. They’re famous for providing the best in professional services. This is because they employ the necessary and proficient manpower along with the right equipment to get the job done in a competent and cost-effective manner.
About Delancey Street Movers
Delancey Street Movers have a notable and inspirational origin. That is, they didn’t start as a moving business. In 1971, following a plan that they called an extended family model, a group of people joined together having a mission to help the downtrodden people in the world. They began by housing 4 residents, who came from poverty-stricken, drug- and crime-ridden backgrounds, into a small apartment in San Francisco.
The remarkable thing about their plan was they:
- Didn’t hire a staff of people to run the place;
- Didn’t request or apply for any government funding. So, there’s no cost to taxpayers;
- Also, didn’t charge their residents.
How have they managed to obtain and experience growing success for the last 46 years? As the years went on, this diverse group of people, both residents/clients and entrepreneurs, grew into a partnership. There, everyone contributed their talents and abilities. In addition to beginning with a meager $1,000 loan for financing, those who could work did so and contributed their salaries to this flourishing dream. In other words, they pooled their talents and financial resources to help each resident transform into respectable, principled human beings. Meanwhile, they all worked toward building a viable, trustworthy business.
The business is totally run by those who started it and the residents. Everyone has something to give no matter what their lives had once consisted of. Also, whatever each contribution was considered to be a valuable asset toward the growth and progress of the company.
Delancey Street Movers Today
The result is after 46 years, Delancey Street Movers has designed a self-help rehabilitation program solely for the purpose of teaching and raising citizens from a destitute existence. They’ve accomplished the near impossible task of teaching people to help themselves by learning how to responsibly and legally support themselves. This is done by having the residents relearn fundamental life skills. Meanwhile, they convert their days/years into a crime- and drug-free lifestyle.
All residents work on transforming themselves as they help to build a business that offers a multitude of different services. One of the services offered is an A+ rated moving and transportation company that operates in 5 states.
What does this say about this company? They obviously respect and care deeply about their people. These qualities transfer to their customers and they also reside within their business practices. This makes it a win-win-win for everybody involved. This is because their gracious attributes and self-sacrificing goals come through as a positive addition in all their industries.
Delancey Street Movers List of Services
Delancey Street Movers have headquarters in San Francisisco, California and they handle moving/relocation services from their 2 offices in San Francisco and Los Angeles and from their offices in New York, New Mexico, North and South Carolina. They’re full service residential, commercial and corporate movers that offer the following:
- Packing and crating of all items, including complex items like safes and pianos. Movers do a careful job of packing, crating and securing all items moved to insure no loss during the move.
- Employees are highly trained to skillfully do their job while interacting positively and courteously with customers.
- Where required, all employees are properly licensed with Class A licenses.
For pricing estimates, you need to give them a call at their home office: (415) 512-5104. You may also visit their website for more facts about their organization and moving business.
Pros and Cons of Delancey Street Movers
- Delancey Street Movers have maintained an A+ BBB rating since 1988 with no customer complaints on file.
- Received mostly consistent 5-star customer ratings on Yelp. These were for organization, professionalism, punctuality, hard-working teams, reasonable rates and courteousness.
- Establishes a special rapport with all their customers that leads to customers thinking first and foremost of Delancey Street Movers whenever a moving job is necessary.
- There were reports of completely botched jobs. They resulted from disorganization, incompetence and terrible packing.
- There are no listings of terms and conditions, service agreements or company policies on the Delancey Street Movers’ website.
- Some customers complained of bad customer service experiences.
Delancey Street Movers have a superb following that validates the ethics and legitimacy of their company. However, potential customers should still keep in mind that there are no listings on their website that detail their terms and conditions, lease/service agreements or pricing. This means you won’t know the pertinent facts until you call and actually use the company.
Delancey Street Movers Locations
As mentioned earlier, Delancey Street Moving & Transport has 6 locations in 5 states. Below is their contact information for their main offices located in California:
- 600 Embarcadero Street San Francisco, CA 94107 – (415) 512-5104;
- 400 N Vermont Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90004 (415) – 957-9800.
You can find their website above. There, you will also find the information regarding their moving business.
Here we have a business that invests solidly in its people. They do this not so much by making them go through a training program, but by placing them squarely into the venture of living and establishing their own lives. They’re taught the humane characteristics that produce people who recognize responsibility and accountability, and they learn to respect the society around them. These lessons aren’t taught by using traditional methods but by hands-on experience and the basics given offer the assurance that once you learn it, it’s less likely to forget it. Then, the lesson goes out into the world and becomes an operation in the work done. Rudiments such as this are unique in the business world. This is because the results generate employees who provide the best services.
We’d greatly appreciate it if all of you who decide to use Delancey Street Movers would contact us and let us know what you thought of their services.