Corrigan Moving Systems operates out of several locations including Michigan, Ohio, Illinois and New York. On a price scale, they may be slightly higher than average because of the services that they offer. In addition, unlike most moving companies that offer a rough estimate when you request a quote, an estimate that may change as the move progresses, Corrigan Moving Systems does a walk-through to provide you with an accurate quote.
Their services include household moving, office and commercial moving, and workplace relocation. Below you will find information about the company, services they offer, and pros and cons.
About Corrigan Moving Systems
Corrigan Moving Systems has been a family-owned business in operation for nearly a century. With 12 locations and over 600 employees nationwide, they are well-equipped to handle even very large moves with both ease and care. They are also among the top 10 United Van Lines Agents.
Throughout its history, the company has grown from a small business to one of multiple locations. They have business deals that cover both land and air travel thanks to the Air and Sea division. This means a move of any size can be quick and efficient. With rapid expansion and acquisition starting in the eighties, the company has grown to meet the high demands of clients and their needs. Multiple awards from various regional movers’ associations and United Van Lines are a testament to the commitment and integrity of the company. So, any client considering a move can be assured of a thorough and professional job well done.
Four generations of the Corrigan Moving Systems family business mean that they know moving. Moreover, they are well-acquainted with the many and varied needs of clients seeking a move that is as stress-free as possible.
Corrigan Moving Systems List of Services
- Local Movers: Corrigan Moving Systems’ team of local movers will provide you with a one on one consultation free of charge in order to assess your moving needs. After the free inspection, Corrigan Moving Systems can show you an accurate quote as well as guidance and support regarding how the move should go. You will have full access to their moving van on the day of your move.
- Long Distance Movers: These moves will often take consecutive days of work in order to fully complete. Again, the move starts with a free no-obligation consultation in order to survey your items. Once done, Corrigan Moving Systems works with you to find a moving plan that meets both your needs and budget constraints. The long distance move will involve an experienced United driver and a 53′ tractor-trailer rig. Depending on the size of your home your belongings may be using the entire space, or sharing it with another customer. This allows Corrigan Moving Systems to pass along potential savings to you. Items will be moved within a short range of days provided, and carefully placed per your request upon arrival. The Corrigan team reassembles any items that they dissaseble for the move.
Other Related Services
- International Relocations: The international branch of Corrigan Moving Systems will handle both the packing and unpacking of your goods regardless of destination. They also cover the myriad of complex logistics that come with an international move. They provide additional translation services, storage and temporary housing as necessary.
- Automobile Relocations: Corrigan has a specialized fleet of trailers with lifts in order to move your automobile if requested.
- Portable Containers: A service primarily for Detroit-based customers, but potentially available elsewhere via form on United’s website.
- Storage Solutions: If a customer is between homes or simply needs a place to store belongings, Corrigan Moving Systems offers fully secure and monitored storage vaults for just these purposes.
Employee relocation is at the core of Corrigan Moving Systems. Also, they offer quality, award-winning services as well as single point of contact moves and competitive corporate rates. A single move coordinator from Corrigan will handle the needs of any company employees from a corporate move.
- Library Relocations;
- Medical Centers;
- Schools and Universities;
- Warehouse and Distribution;
- Custom Moving Services.
Some of the institutions above may need moving services for sensitive medical equipment, library books, confidential government clientele or other jobs, and Corrigan Moving Systems offers them as well.
PROs and CONs of Corrigan Moving Systems
- Generational business with nearly a century combined experience;
- Wide variety of services, from simple local moves, to cross country, family, and even specialized moving of whole businesses and their employees and belongings. Corrigan Moving Systems appears to offer a complete package of professional moving options.
- Local, national and international service available separately, so you might need to make more calls;
- Extra options (storage, DIY, warehousing) available, but costly;
- The free consult may not turn into a contract;
- Pricing varies individually, given after inspection. Although helpful in receiving an exact quote instead of simply an estimate, some clients may wish to simply get a general idea of their expenses without first having an inspection done, even one at no cost.
Don’t forget that when moving, one must often deal with rental lease agreements. Remember to ask questions, read provisions, and make a checklist.
Corrigan Moving Systems offers very personalized service and pricing, and everything from local, national, and even international moves. Additional services such as corporate moves, do-it-yourself moves, and short and long-term secure storage are also available.
Have you recently moved or are you considering a move? Post your questions about services you experienced. Leave your impressions, thoughts and suggestions with us as well.