One thing is certain: moving companies are going to make sure their businesses are profitable and they’ll charge rates that will help them to meet that goal. This may or may not be expedient for consumers. Therefore, it benefits us to thoroughly research this matter to make an informed decision regarding how our moves are handled.
Cheap truck rental companies play an extremely important role in the moving business. Consequently, exploring cheap truck rental options as a viable moving solution offers consumers a way to conduct a move at a reasonable cost. This article will propose the top four cheap truck rental choices for readers to consider when planning a move.
4 Cheap Truck Rental Choices to Consider
Moving can be an expensive project that overwhelms the budgets of many consumers. The option to rent a truck to do your own moving is, in fact, a welcome entry into the moving market as it gives us a way to handle a possibly massive job on a practical and workable level.
In this article, the following truck rental companies that offer self-service moves will be reviewed:
- Enterprise Truck Rental
- Penske Truck Rental
- U-Haul Truck Rental
- Budget Truck Rental
I. Enterprise Truck Rental
Enterprise Truck Rental is a division of Enterprise Car-Rental services. They have a superior supply of pickups, cargo vans and straight trucks for personal and business use. Enterprise has locations across the country offering truck rentals in a variety of sizes for short- and long-term needs, as follows:
- compact to heavy-duty cargo vans: loads up to 4,080 lbs.;
- 24’ – 26’ box trucks: loads up to 10,000 lbs;
- ½ ton – 1-ton pickup trucks: loads up to 6,000 lbs;
- Parcel vans: loads up to 5,000 lbs.; and
- Stakebed trucks: loads up to 10,000 lbs.
Enterprise offers 24/7 roadside assistance and their website will give you all the information you need to help you make an informed decision. To learn more details about their services, rates, hours of operation and locations, call (888) 736-8287 or go to the website and email them online.
II. Penske Truck Rental
Like most of the self-service moving companies, Penske Truck Rental has locations all across the country. Some of the services provided are:
- Free unlimited miles on one-way rentals.
- 24/7 roadside assistance.
- Moving supplies.
- Labor to help with moving, and other moving services such as vehicle transport.
- AAA members save 20% and there are military and college student discounts.
- Truck sizes: 12’ for moving 1 – 2 rooms, to 26’ for moving 5 – 7 rooms.
For more information, review their website for a free online quote or call them @ 844-847-9517.
III. U-Haul Truck Rental
U-Haul Truck Rental services is perhaps one of the best-known self-service moving companies around. Their rental trucks range in size from 8’ pickup trucks for small moves, to 26’ moving trucks for larger moves. Although U-Haul handles all types of moves, their trucks are specifically designed for accommodating ease during residential moves. Some unique characteristics of their trucks are:
- ”Rub walls” on all three sides of their trucks allowing the furniture and items to be tied in to prevent shifting.
- Loading decks as close to the ground as possible with ramps for easier loading.
- Provides “Mom’s Attic” above the cab as extra storage space that can be used to separate fragile items from other heavier pieces.
- Comfortable cab areas that seats 1 – 3 people.
Other services include:
- U-Haul trailers to use for towing vehicles behind the truck;
- Boxes and packing supplies;
- Moving labor; and
- Hitches and other moving accessories.
All who are interested should visit their website for further information. You can also email them from their website or call Customer Service directly @ 1-800-468-4285, Option 3.
IV. Budget Truck Rental
Budget Truck Rental provides rental trucks for personal and commercial moving projects. Also a well-known self-service moving company, Budget offers a variety of trucks along with multiple services. The truck sizes range from 12’ for smaller moves such as 1 – 2 rooms or studio apartments, to 26’ for moving 5 – 8 rooms or a 2 -3 bedroom house. The larger trucks are equipped with towing equipment and seat 2 – 3 people.
Some of their services include:
- Loading and unloading assistance;
- Hand trucks;
- Furniture and other moving pads;
- Boxes and moving supplies;
- Military, AARP and student discounts; and
- An assortment of protection plans.
On the Budget website, consumers can find all the information needed regarding their comprehensive services, rates and hours of operation. Of course, potential customers can either email Budget from their website or call them directly @ 800-462-8343.
Some Final Advice
As is noted, self-service moving companies have come a long way when it comes to providing uniquely appropriate services for the consumer market. Cheap truck rental services are certainly worth researching before choosing a full-service moving company. From providing a way that allows people to conduct the move completely on their own to providing only the specific services required, self-service moving companies provide cheap truck rental options that are unsurpassed in the moving market.
While the companies mentioned in this article are fairly well known, it’s still appropriate to check references on the Better Business Bureau and read reviews where provided, also on Yelp.com. Also, never take anything for granted; instead read contracts in detail and ask plenty of questions. Finally, begin planning your move as early as possible and once a company has been decided upon, stay in frequent contact with them to continually confirm moving details.