When it comes to major causes of stress, moving is at the top of the list. In certain instances, a person can be better off managing their move entirely on their own. A method is by renting a moving truck and accessing some of the services the company provides. One of these providers is Budget Truck Rental.
Following is information on the Budget Truck Rental moving company given with the intention of helping potential customers to make easier decisions, resulting in a simpler and less demanding move.
About Budget Truck Rental
Budget Truck Rental has been in business for almost 20 years. They now state that customers can choose from a fleet of over 27,000 trucks across the United States. Their network of services operates in over 1,600 locations. This way, customers will have no problem finding a location near them. Drivers will enjoy the convenient features in most of the trucks such as power steering/brakes, automatic transmissions, air conditioning and AM/FM stereo music to relax riders as they drive to their new residence.
Budget Truck Rental was also one of the first truck rental company to obtain GPS navigation. This is another advantage for customers offering guidance during their moving experience. Budget Truck Rental also has numerous protection plans which comprehensively covers customers under all types of circumstances. Below is a complete list of all the products and services provided by Budget Truck Rental.
Budget Truck Rental List of Services
1. Budget Trucks
Their most common fleet of trucks range in size from 12‘ to 24’:
- 12’ = 2-seat cab, moves 1 – 2 rooms of furniture (studio apt);
- 16’ = 3-seat cab, 3 – 4 rooms of furniture (or one-bedroom home);
- 24’ = 3-seat cab, 5 – 8 rooms of furniture (or 2 – 3 bedroom home).
Prices range from $19.99/day plus 0.79/mile for the 12’ truck to $39.99/day plus 0.89/mile for the 24’ truck. They also have Cargo Vans (for moving 1 – 2 rooms of furniture (i.e., studio apartment) and 26’ trucks (for moving 5 – 8 rooms of furniture (i.e., 2 – 3 bedroom home) but prices aren’t stated. It’s likely that the mover would have to discuss the availability and pricing of these trucks directly with the Budget Truck Rental location chosen. Their trucks also come with a loading ramp which comes in handy for the heavy lifting jobs.
2. Protection Plans
- Auto Tow Protection: Protection for cars being towed using a Budget truck);
- Supplemental Liability Insurance: Third-party damage;
- Personal Accident and Cargo Protection: For people and their possessions;
- 24-hr Roadside Assistance: Everyone understands the importance of this coverage;
- Extra Space Storage: For items that customers need to temporarily store; and
- Hire a Helper Plan: Budget Truck Rental started this plan for customers who may need extra help or advice.
3. Moving Supplies
- Boxes all sizes with markers;
- Packing tape (with dispensers);
- Bubble wrap, packing peanuts/paper;
- Work gloves;
- Hand trucks;
- Furniture pads;
- Rope and padlocks.
One of the most beneficial actions that Budget Truck Rental has undertaken is to offer numerous discounts to their well-deserving groups of people within certain communities. Following are a list of consumers who are eligible to receive Budget Truck Rental’s 10 – 20% discounts off their reservations:
- U.S. Military Personnel: travelling with orders, save 20% off;
- AARP Members: 20% Sun – Thurs, 10% Fri/Sat;
- EMT, Fire and Police personnel, Students, Bar Association Members and Motor Club Members: 15% off one-way moves, 20% off local moves any day of the week.
The Pros and Cons of Budget Truck Rental
- Budget has over 27,000 trucks in over 1,600 locations across the United States;
- The trucks are reasonably priced. Also, customers receive sufficient time in the original lease to complete their move. The amount of time is estimated after getting a briefing from the mover as to what their move will entail;
- Also, trucks vary in sizes allowing them to handle any size job. This includes extra-large moving jobs;
- Budget provides customers with all the assistance they’ll need through their various protection plans and their assortment of moving supplies;
- Choosing a truck rental service gives movers the ability to control their own moving job.
- There were reports of abysmal, unreliable customer service incidents;
- Possibilities of being overcharged as a result of the company overbooking. This leaves the customer with the choice of either accepting a truck they didn’t want or not getting a truck at all;
- Some reports of having received defective trucks;
- Can sometimes be terrible at notifying customers in a timely manner of important changes.
Customers should read their lease agreements carefully. If the move doesn’t go exactly as originally set up by the company, changes will occur. This could end up costing customers a lot more money.
Overall, it sounds like Budget Truck Rental gives its customers the best service they can provide through a suitable business set up that offers beneficial deals. However, moving does not mean that you only have stuff to transport. You may prefer moving companies which come to your house and also pack-up your luggage. Then, they install the furniture at destination. Some of these companies are Marathon Moving, United Movers, or American Van Lines.
For all those who have never tried Budget Truck Rental, feel free to look for them on the internet. If you decide to give them a try, let us know what you think of their services. For those of you who have already used Budget, kindly drop us a note telling us what you thought of their services.