Big Box Storage Inc. is a storage company that offers the convenience of delivering storage units directly to their customers and picking the units up to bring back to their storage facilities. The hassle of loading up cars or trucks with furniture and other items to bring to a storage company is no moe! Located in San Diego, California, they accommodate all of San Diego and the surrounding areas with this convenient door-to-door service. Of course for a service like this, customers would want to know exactly how much it will cost them and this is precisely the information that we offer in this article.
About Big Box Storage
In 2003, staff members pursued a different approach to the conventional storage process by expounding on the procedure. They designed portable storage units measuring 8’ x 5’ x 7’ each. They named them “Big Boxes” and thus, the company Big Box Storage, Inc. was established. Their Big Boxes are sized to contain approximately 1½ rooms of furniture and other items. Instant discounts may be offered depending on when you call or go online to schedule a delivery.
Customers have access to their possessions 7 days a week and their security system offers 24/7 monitoring and surveillance preventing damage and theft. Need more than one Big Box? Big Box Storage can provide multiple sturdy units that are mold and mildew resistant, and return to pick them up for storage in their environmentally-controlled facility. The company services residents and businesses within San Diego and the surrounding areas, as well as offering shipping services of each unit to many metropolitan areas within the United States.
Big Box Storage List of Services
The company has a complete listing of their base rates on their website. Their rates are listed as follows:
- Moving within California. $1,062 for one Big Box to $2,268 for three Big Boxes
- Moving to other states. $1,135 for one box to $4,886 for three boxes
Their services include the following:
- Local services within the San Diego area include free delivery and pickup.
- Thirty days of free storage and delivery to new locations are included in the rates quoted to customers.
- Customers should load up the unit at their own convenience and when ready, Big Box Storage will pick up the unit and bring it back to their indoor storage facilities.
- Interested customers can call or go online to schedule deliveries on the Big Box Storage website.
Big Box Storage also provides certain forms that can be accessed on their website that customers may find useful: Auto Pay Forms, Auto Pay Update and Cancellation Forms, New Address Form, Authorized Agent Form, and Online Scheduling Form:
- Auto Pay Forms. Customers can use these forms to set up a convenient automatic payment plan for their storage units;
- Auto Pay Update and Cancellation Forms. Customers can also update or cancel the automatic payment setup using these forms;
- New Address Form. If customers are using Big Box Storage for storage only and they move, they can change their address easily and quickly using this form;
- Authorized Agent Form. In the event customers wish to add to or remove a name from their account, they’d use this form; and
- Online Scheduling Form. Use this form to schedule a delivery and instantly save $25!
In honoring their low price guarantee, Big Box Storage states that all potential customers who find a lower rate than theirs are to forward this information to them and Big Box Storage will send to them a new rate that’s 10% less than the competitor rate. They also guarantee there are no hidden fees like security deposits or access fees. Besides the discounts offered, they also run monthly promotions that can prove to be financially beneficial for their customers.
- Big Box Storage has what they call a 110% low price guarantee. If a customer finds a lower rate than the company’s rates within the San Diego county area, Big Box Storage will make sure to beat the competitor’s rate by 10%.
- No rental of trucks to load and unload when using Big Box Storage.
- Even though Big Box Storage is predominantly a storage company, some customers might find it more economical to use the company to do their short- or long-distance move instead of using the traditional moving van companies.
- Efficient, friendly staff and customer service.
- For a fee at some locations, they may be able to offer laborers to help with the unloading of Big Boxes.
- Most of the reviews for Big Box on Yelp.com were positive, highly recommending Big Box Storage.
- There are no rental trucks for loading and unloading to deal with. However, unless they’re willing and able to pay the extra fee, customers are still responsible for loading into and unloading out of Big Boxes when it arrives at the desired location.
- There were a few complaints about customer service and overall handling of the actual service but nothing of significance.
Useful Information About Big Box Storage Inc.
As mentioned earlier, Big Box Storage is based in San Diego, CA with factions operating throughout the United States. The contact information for their home office is as follows:
- 7077 Consolidated Way San Diego, CA 92121 (at Milch Rd in Miramar)
- Telephone Number: (619) 436-5020
- Can also contact a support representative @ 800-391-4890
- Hours of Operation: Mon – Fri: 7:30am – 6:00pm; Sat & Sun: 7:30am – 5:00pm;
- Website: bigbox.com.
The company accepts credit cards, offers discounts to the military and no appointment is necessary.
Big Box Storage is also a philanthropic business that charitably designates money to different humane organizations. At the same time they also cast their energies on rewarding teachers. Since they’ve encouraged and fostered the irrefutable growth of so many of our youth, Big Box sends them the supplies they need most. There’s a lot to say about a business that has a major concern not only for the progress of the business, but also focuses on helping others. The positive reviews behind them and the unselfish acts performed clearly show this is a company that’s worth the time and attention of potential customers.
We like to follow up with different businesses, especially if it appears they’ve proven themselves to be ethical and legitimate. To all of you who have used Big Box Storage and those of you who may use them at a future time, we’d appreciate hearing your candid opinions about this company.