There are many moving companies out there vying for our business so naturally all of them are going to present themselves as the best of the best. So how do we learn to choose the right company for our purposes? First, we have to know precisely what our needs are so after thoroughly researching the possibilities, we’ll recognize the companies that will best service those needs. Once we find prospective companies, we’ll then have to investigate further to discover which one is most suitable to handle the job. As we come closer to making a choice, we’ll have to begin the process of reading between the lines.
Apex Moving and Storage is the company discussed here and the goal is to give you an idea of how to make informed choices and final decisions about moving companies.
About Apex Moving and Storage
When checking into any business, the Better Business Bureau is a good place to start because of its reliability for providing useful information. Referencing Apex Moving and Storage, the BBB states that the company started as a moving company in Jan 1998 and they were incorporated in Jan 2000. The business is managed by Dean and Loretta Savage and they use other alternate business names such as Apex Movers LLC and Apex Packing & Loading Service.
Apex Moving and Storage is an interstate agent operating under Stevens Worldwide Van Lines, a company that’s been in the moving business since 1905. Apex Moving and Storage is a full-service moving company that handles local moves for residents and businesses located primarily within the Seattle-Tacoma, Washington community. On their website, the company classifies itself as “relocation specialists”.
When checking the Apex Moving and Storage website, you’ll note that while the company specializes in local moves, they also offer competitive pricing for long-distance and out-of-state moves. To begin, interested people should get a free quote either by phone or online. Other services include:
- Complete packing/unpacking services that can be customized accordingly. For instance, if the customers want to pack all their belongings but wish Apex Moving and Storage to pack the fragile possessions and antiques, they need only to give these instructions to the company and it shall be done. If they want the company to do all the packing, Apex Moving and Storage will be happy to accommodate them.
- Complete loading/unloading services.
- Can supply all the packing materials needed. Moreover, you can find a complete listing of what’s available and its costs on their website.
- Pick from free used boxes kept in their warehouse on a first come, first serve basis.
- Long- and short-term storage options.
- If desired, they can include in the quote an arrangement to remove debris from the final destination. However, it doesn’t say whether or not this arrangement would cost extra.
- A thorough walk-through is done at which time an in-depth conversation is entered into ascertaining all their customers’ wishes and instructions.
- They have a service called “Office Move Express Service” where if all that’s needed is to rearrange furniture within an office, Apex Moving and Storage can accommodate this request.
- Through their collaboration with Stevens Worldwide Van Lines, they can also provide international moving services using international moving specialists, a worldwide arrangement of relocation sources, and a computer-assisted transportation system.
- For local self-moves requiring extra help, Apex Moving and Storage can accommodate for whatever the need. For example, have you rented your own truck but need help with packing and loading? Give them a call.
- Looking to sell or purchase a home? Apex Moving and Storage offers a uniquely different program called the PLUS Program. Through it, customers receive access to a network of real estate agents. The latter offer rebates on the completed sale or purchase of their home.
Pros and Cons
- The company also works with Stevens Worldwide Van Lines. Consequently, Apex Moving and Storage can provide uniquely professional local and long-distance moving services.
- Movers wear security I.D. badges indicating they received a proper training and are drug-free.
- Most of the reviews on Yelp.com were excellent rendering a 4-5 Star rating for professionalism, organization, courtesy and knowledge of the moving experience.
- A BBB accredited A+ rating business with no reviews or complaints on file.
- Has an array of services to offer covering various types of moves.
- They have acquired the licensing listed on their website in connection with Stevens Worldwide Van Lines. The BBB reminds its viewers that Apex Moving and Storage is in a business that may require that they show proof of registration, bonding and professional licensing. As such, interested people should check with the proper agency to find out if they meet all requirements.
- There were complaints of bad communication between the customer and Apex Moving regarding expected times of arrival and misleading quotes. This resulted in a frustrating move that got off to a bad start. Often, this happens due to tardiness and dissatisfaction with the final amount charged.
- Although not complaining, a number of customers mentioned that the move was a bit expensive but the company’s professionalism was worth the cost.
NOTE: As mentioned earlier in this article, always carefully read all contracts, agreements and any other legal papers that are part of a moving transaction. Taking the time to read between the lines will prevent unnecessary headaches and frustrations later.
Useful Information about Apex Moving and Storage
Apex Moving and Storage is located at the following address:
- 914 Valley Ave NW
- Bldg 3, Unit 102
- Puyallup, WA 98371-2537
- Tel: (253) 864-7870
- Alternate #: (800) 643-8896
Their hours of operation are: Mon – Fri, 8:00am – 5:00pm. Closed Sat, Sun and most major holidays. The company accepts credit cards but they operate by appointment only.
Most people are totally aware of the potential for rising frustrations and blood pressures that moving can cause. Thus, conducting this move in the most organized fashion is the best way. As such, you can eliminate the pressures and problems that can occur. However, we need to be clear about all our moving details, and what and how we want things done. Thus, we produce an atmosphere that allows the moving company to do their job as best possible.
Apex Moving and Storage has an impressive business experience and a solid backing. They managed to cultivate trust, reliability and satisfaction from their prior customers. With this in mind, new potential customers should consider them for the job. However, they should still review the company’s history and services with due diligence. As such, they can be sure they’ll have the best move possible.