Most of us have things that we would love to put into storage rather than throw it out. This is even more obvious in the middle of a move to a new home. There are many options available to storage, from packing everything away in your garage to renting space in a self-storage. Regardless, the tips in this guide should make your move a Breeze!
Storage Tips for the Home
1. Make sure you clear out all food and perishables from the boxes and furniture prior to packing.
2. Use Protective Covers and make sure all wood surfaces are treated prior to putting it away in storage.
3. Make sure all kitchen utensils are packed together and wrapped in bubble wrap. Fill the box completely and mark the box properly with the area it came from such as “Kitchen” or “Garage”
4. If your storing fragile heirlooms, make sure you pack them in specially constructed boxes, such as Wardrobe boxes.
5. If you’re storing your car, auto or RV try these Storage Tips. Make sure the tires are elevated off the ground and all fluids in the car are topped off. For boats, make sure they’re out of the water. Indoor storage is always the best, however, if you must leave the vehicle outdoors then make sure it’s covered with a thick cover or tarp.
6. Animals love Cars. Any vehicle that you leave out in the open will soon be a home to critters. It’s difficult to seal every hole in the car, however, the noticeable ones such as the tailpipe should do the trick.