A guaranteed way to increase stress levels happens when dealing with the time spent before, during and after a move. The period during the process of looking for a new place includes increased anxiety when we spend a lot of time looking but not finding anything suitable. On the other hand, we may find a place we love but are perhaps met with the uncertainty of possibly not being able to obtain it because of questionable finances, competition from other interested seekers, or for whatever the reason.
Once a place is found that meets our needs, the next step is finding the best moving company to do the relocation. Everyone knows how important this step is because we need a company that will handle our possessions with the utmost care. Also, because most of us will be operating under frazzled nerves throughout this time, we’d also like workers who will be considerate of this and treat us with courtesy and respect. If the wrong company is chosen and all are conducted in an unprofessional manner, the move can become a total nightmare!
This is where Moving by Design comes in, a moving company that incorporates the highest level of care and professionalism in each move so their customers can focus on the other important aspects of this time.
About Moving by Design
Moving by Design is a full-service residential and commercial moving company based in Webster, TX. They handle major coverage for the greater Houston area, while also covering moves for the entire state of Texas and nationwide as well. A large part of the training of their employees deals with customer service so that first and foremost, each Moving by Design employee knows the importance and value of treating every customer with consideration and reverence.
Whether the move is residential or commercial, Moving by Design teaches its movers how to protect the customers’ possessions and property so that they cause little to no damage during the move. They also handle the movement of specialty and cherished items in an efficient and safe manner. The company further recognizes the importance of the specifics involved when the elderly are moving. Moving by Design also specializes in providing for seniors the extra services they may need, from packing and unpacking to completely setting up their new home.
Moving and Design has also partnered with an organization called Move for Hunger. This company is committed to distributing food to families in need which is a salvation for the local communities. Companies that give to this type of cause contribute to the rescue of a great many people and this is always a welcome attribute in the business world today!
Moving by Design List of Services
According to the Better Business Bureau, Moving by Design is owned by Mr. Tim Gray, has been in business for 9 years, and they included him in the business in September 2008. However, Moving by Design claims to have been in business for more than 35 years. This means they operated as a moving company before incorporating for approximately 25 years.
Keep in mind that Moving by Design is a full-service moving company which means customers can totally leave the moving up to them if they wish and they handle moves of any size. They offer all their customers the option of completely packing and unpacking their belongings. For specific pricing, those interested will have to contact them directly.
When checking their website, prospective customers will note that they offer the following services:
- Commercial and office moves;
- Residential moves;
- Nationwide moves: Moving by Design provides for the secure transport of vehicles and boats in addition to the home items and furnishings;
- Moves that include specialty items such as antiques, delicate or fragile pieces, pianos, etc., which the employees handle with cautious attention and protection;
- If required, Moving by Design can provide all moving materials and supplies needed including all-size boxes, mirror and mattress boxes, and coverings for furniture;
- If requested, they can take apart and reassemble furniture and other items upon arrival in the new home;
- Moving by Design disposes of all the boxes and trash when they leave the premises, relieving their customers of this tedious burden and responsibility; and
- Interested folks can receive a free online quote on Moving by Design’s website.
Pros and Cons of Moving by Design
- There are more than 200 reviews on their website that has been transferred from Customer Lobby Reviews and most of them give a 5-star rating on services, a recommendation to others, and total experience.
- The BBB accredited them with an A+ rating.
- People applaud them for partnering with the organization called Move for Hunger and contributing to the local distribution of food for families in need.
- While Moving by Design maintains an A+ rating by the BBB, this rating came to be by only one favorable customer review that gave this company a 5-star rating.
- There were some complaints from customers believing they paid more than they should have for the job done.
- There were also complaints from customers who didn’t appreciate Moving by Design littering their neighborhood with “bandit signs”. Bandit signs are the signs people use to promote a business and some apparently are unprofessionally and cheaply made. As such, they leave a “littered” impression.
NOTE: It’s always extremely important to get all the facts and details involved in a move from the moving company. Customers should ask as many questions as necessary. Make sure you read and gain an understanding of all contracts and agreements. Lastly, get all legitimate paperwork and receipts in writing before the job begins.
Useful Information for About Moving by Design
Moving by Design’s location is as follows:
- 21000 Gulf Fwy
- Webster, TX 77598
- Phone: (281) 648-6683
- Website: movingbydesign.com
The hours of operation are: 7 days a week from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
NOTE: If interested in moving on a holiday, they suggest checking their holiday schedule for hours of operation.
They accept credit cards, but not Apple or Android pay. They operate by appointment only.
It’s important to notice the reviews coming directly from the customers who have actually utilized a company’s services. Consequently, it’s a good thing when we see a large percentage of those reviews are positive and high. However, there should also be a concern when some of the reviews are negative. Some of them come with explicit details about the services provided. However, those reviews are few in comparison to the number of positive ratings received. Moving by Design appears to be a well-organized, efficiently run moving company that’s worth the attention of prospective customers. Nevertheless, if you want to tap into the best of any company, don’t check them out with blinders on.